Basic DBS Checks
Basic DBS Checks can be applied for by individuals as well as organisations on behalf of applicants in order to help make sound recruitment decisions on potential employees.
If you are applying for a Basic DBS Check as an individual, please apply through our sister company here. If you are applying as an organisation on behalf of an applicant, please continue below:
Buy Basic DBS Checks Online
- Results in as little as 24 Hours
- 5 star applicant support
- No registration or setup fees
What is a Basic DBS Check?
Sometimes referred to as a Basic DBS check or basic criminal record check, a Basic Disclosure is carried out by the DBS for people living or working in England or Wales. For those living or working in Scotland, this check will be completed by Disclosure Scotland.
A basic disclosure will search for any unspent convictions and conditional cautions on an individual's criminal history in order to make an informed hire and prevents the hiring of unsuitable candidates around vulnerable groups.
How to Apply for a Basic Disclosure
Employers – applying for Basic Disclosures on your staff
You can call us on 01254 355688 to order your checks or purchase online.
- Once we have obtained some company details and your applicants’ names, we will send the applicants an email with a username and password. This will allow them to log into our secure website to complete and submit their application form online.
- The applicant must then present 2 ID documents to a nominated ‘ID Verifier’ within your business, who is required to log into our secure website and confirm which documents have been seen and verified.
- The application is then sent to be processed and the certificate is usually dispatched within a week.
It is standard practice for the Basic Check certificate to be issued to the applicant’s home address. However, with their consent, we can make arrangements for the certificates to be issued to an employer at a separate address if required.
A Basic Disclosure is not job-specific and can be used more than once.
Individuals – applying for a check on yourself
If you need a Basic DBS check for yourself, you’re just a couple of steps away! But first, you need to visit our sister site, MyCheck.
What Does a Basic Disclosure Show?
All applications for a Basic Disclosure check are processed through the Police National Computer (PNC) and the Scottish Criminal History System (CHS) in search for any details of convictions considered “unspent” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.