Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Driver Licences – High Peak Borough Council

Looking for Personnel Checks? You're in the right place! Our taxi division has re-branded and is now called TaxiPlus. New name, new logo, same great service!

How to apply for your Enhanced DBS Check & DVLA Check

TaxiPlus has been contracted by High Peak Borough Council to facilitate Enhanced DBS & DVLA checks for their Hackney Carriage & Private Hire (Dual) Driver Licence applicants. As part of the licensing process, it is essential that a full Enhanced DBS Disclosure and DVLA checks are completed prior to the badge being issued.

Please note: By purchasing your DBS & DVLA Check with us, you agree to TaxiPlus sharing any information regarding your application with High Peak Borough Council to support your Taxi/Private Hire Licence application. Please click here to view TaxiPlus' Privacy Policy. If you have any questions about how your data will be used please contact us via email at [email protected]

To begin the process, please ensure you meet the requirements below:

New applicant requirements:

  • You must be at least 21 years of age and have held a full driving licence for at least 12 months
  • You must be eligible to work in the UK and have the following original documents
    - Current British Passport
    - Current EEA Passport
    - Home office registration certificate document or document certifying permanent residence
    - Permanent residence card
    - Biometric residence permit
    - Current passport endorsed to show exemption from immigration control, indefinite residence, right of abode or no time limit on staying in the UK 

 After DBS Certificate:

  • Enrol on a safeguarding training course provided by the local authority
  • Undertake a Knowledge Test
  • Enrol on a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi or Private Hire Driver or the NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving (Taxi and Private Hire)
  • Your licence will only be issued for 1 year and will not be renewed if you do not complete the BTEC or NVQ course
  • You must provide an independent medical certificate equivalent to group 2 on the prescribed form

 For further information you may need in order to apply for your taxi badge, please click here.